Monday 2 November 2015

[DIECAST] Minichamps Review: Force India VJM07 S.Perez Podium

Hi Guys

Today I thought I would review my final Force India model. Of course I will be getting the VJM08 when that comes out, and I am still hoping for a Russian GP Podium VJM08B. Hopefully that to wopuld be limited edition like this model. It's also looking like Force India won't be Force India next year with a possible name change to Aston Martin Racing which I am not happy about really.



This model is extra special to me as I'll explain later. This model is from the 2014 Bahrain GP and is Sergio Perez's first Podium for Force India and the teams first since the Belgium GP back in 2009 by Giancarlo Fisichella.


Bahrain GP 2014

It was round 3 of the 2014 championship and the third race of the new Hybrid engines. Mercedes locked out the front row. With Rosberg on Pole. Daniel Ricciardo Qualified 3rd but was demoted to 13th with a Ten-place grid penalty for an unsafe release in the Malaysian Grand Prix. Sergio Perez who qualified 5th was promoted to 4th. Nico Hulkenberg who had shown great pace as well was unfortunately eliminated in Q2 but would start 11th. Valteri Bottas started in 3rd.

The race was full of action. With battles all through the field and cars colliding into one another. Pastor Maldonado hit Vergne, Kevin Magnessun and Kimi Raikkonen also had a coming together early in the race. 

By Lap 10 the Williams cars were struggling on their tyres. Valteri Bottas was passed by Jenson Button while a lap later Sergio Perez passed a struggling Felipe Massa after he made and excellent start to take third.

Both Williams and Ferrari then changed their strategies from two-stops to a three-stop. 

On Lap 40 Maldonado exited the pits but collided with the remaining Sauber of Esteban Gutierrez, causing a safety car. 

Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg ran third and forth with Daniel Riccirado close behind. After the safety car entered the pits the tow Mercedes quikcly pulled a gap over Perez. Hulkenberg defended hard but Riccirado's tyres were in better condition. Perez pulled a gap over his teammate and Hulkenberg had done enough to delay the Red Bull from stealing the podium from Perez. 

Sergio Perez would finish just 0.422 seconds ahead of the Red Bull.

The results pushed Force India up to second in the Constructors championship and put Nico Hulkenberg up to third in the World Drivers Championship.

Force India's 2014 season.

Force India would enjoy their most successful season to date in terms of points. They would be locked in a close battle with McLaren but would ultimately finish 6th in the constructors matching their best. Force India would only miss out on points in two races. Hungary and United States Grand Prix. 


Force India scored 155 points with Nico Hulkenberg taking 96 points and finishing 9th and Sergio Perez scoring 59 points and finishing 10th. 

The Model.

Product Code: 417140111
Scale:              1:43
Driver:              Sergio Perez
Year:                2014
Limited to:        504


This model is made up of 98 parts with 121 decorations, it has 53 Mask sprays, 25 Tampo prints, 36 Decals, 7 Free sprays and 0 Chromed parts. 

My Thoughts.

I love this car and I am so glad that Perez scored a podium. I would've preferred Hulkenberg to have scored the podium as he is yet to do that. But a Podium is a Podium regardless which driver scored it. I never understood why Force India changed their colour scheme after Bahrain but I really liked the Orange side-pods hence why this car is extra special to me. I may end up picking up a Hulkenberg VJM07 but it just isn't as eye-catching as the Bahrain GP colours. It's extra special as it's limited to just 504 pieces and is my rarest model I own. If you're a Force India fan I would really suggest getting this model if you can!!!

I love this model I love this team and if they get "re-branded" as Aston Martin I will sorely miss them. I'm hoping the team will still have the Force India somewhere in the name but it's quite a mouthful Force-India-Aston-Martin-Racing.


Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment