Monday 9 November 2015

[DIECAST] Minichamps Review: Sauber C32-Ferrari N.Hulkenberg

Hi Guys,

Today I have another Minichamps model and another one that is in my personal collection. My collection was exclusively Force India, but with Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg being such brilliant drivers I thought I'd add their Saubers to my collection. I have already reviewed Sergio Perez's 1st Podium C31. This review is the Sauber C32 driven by my favourite driver Nico Hulkenberg.




Nico Hulkenberg's 2013 season.

Nico Hulkenberg made his F1 return with Force India in 2012. Despite his most successful season Hulkenberg saw the success and multiple podiums of Sauber and thought that they would've kept that form in the 2013 season. With Perez moving to McLaren in place of Hamilton., Hulkenberg joined along with Sauber reserve Esteban Guitierrez. Adrian Sutil replaced Hulkenberg. 

Nico's start to the season wasn't what he had hoped for. It seemed to have been a wrong move. He didn't start at the Australian GP but scored at the low end of the points in Malaysia and China. Hulkenberg then suffered a 4 race pointless streak and suffered a DNF at Canada. Hulkenberg scored points in Great Britain and Germany, but was 11th and 13th at Hungary and Belgium. 


By the mid season break Hulkenberg had just 7 points. Whereas in the previous season he had 31 points and Perez had 47 points and two podiums.

However after the season break things started to look up for Hulkenberg. A strong 5th place at Monza as well as being the fastest Ferrari powered car in Qualifying saw him more than double his points. He would go on to score in the next four races and secure a career best of 4th at Korea. Hulkenberg missed out on points in India and Abu Dhabi but would score in the final two races at the USA and Brazil. 

Hulkenberg finished 10th in the WDC with 51 points, scoring 44 in 6 of the last races. 

Sauber 2013 season.

After a brilliant 2012 season, scoring 4 podiums and beating rivals Force India, Sauber had high hopes for their 2013 season. However the car wouldn't be as strong out of the box as its predecessor was. Both Nico Hulkenberg and Esteban Gutierez would struggle, with the latter only scoring 6 points with a 7th place finish at Singapore. Sauber would finish 20 point behind Force India and 7th in the constructors. The team finished well clear of Toro Rosso, who scored 33 points.


The teams form greatly increased after the summer break. The momentum pushed Nico Hulkenberg up to 10th in the standings, beating both Force India drivers. 

Nico Hulkenberg left the team to return to Force India and Adrian Sutil moved to Sauber in place of Hulkenberg to partner Esteban Gutierrez. 

The Model.

Product Code: 410130011
Scale:              1:43
Driver:              Nico Hulkenberg
Year:                2013


This model is made up ofd 110 part with 107 decorations. It has 20 Mask sprays, 22 Tampo prints, 35 Decals, 30 Free sprays and 0 chromed parts.

My Thoughts. 

The reason I got this car was mainly because Nico Hulkenberg is my favourite driver. I also only have one model of his and that just wouldn't do (It was also my first Minichamps model). I would have loved to have been able to get a Williams FW32 so I could have a model of every car Nico has driven in F1 but Minichamps do not make one. I thought I would get myself a Sauber because I also wanted Perez's podium car, (All my Perez models are limited) and I thought the two would go nicely together in my small collection. I love the colour scheme on the C32. The White red and black look fantastic and all the sponsors really stand out because of it.

Like I say about most cars. If you're a Nico fan or a Sauber fan then this car is for you. This car if from the Chinese GP as you can see a tiny track guide above Nico's left arm where he finished 10th place. 

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment