Monday 16 November 2015

[DIECAST] Minichamps Review: Spyker F8-VII (A.Sutil)

Hi Guys,

Today we have a special review. Today's post is one of the cars on my 'Wishlist'. It is another addition to my personal collection. This is the Spyker F8-VII driven by one of my favourite F1 drivers, Adrian Sutil. So far in my collection Adrian Sutil features quite heavily. I have his VJM01, VJM03 and VJM06. I will be eventually adding the Sauber C33 to my collection meaning I will have models from each team he raced for in Formula 1. I have got the VJM02 and the VJM04 but I have them with the other drivers. The VJM02 because Giancarlo Fisichella scored his final Podium and Force India's first in that car.



Spyker 2007 Season.

Spyker was formed out of Midland before the 2006 season was finished. The Midland team ran in Spyker colours on their MF1-Toyota for the final three races and ran under the name of Spyker MF1 Racing.

Christijan Albers who raced in 2006 was retained by Spyker and rookie Adrian Sutil made his debut. 


Even though Christijan Albers raced for the team in 2006 and Adrain Sutil joined after that season as a rookie, Adrian Sutil raced in the number 20 car. Teams would normally allocate their 'number 1' car to a driver that has either stayed on with the team or out performed their teammate, however Christijan Albers requested to race a car with an odd number.

The team switched from Toyota to Ferrari power for the 2007 season.

With the engine change, it was not enough to make progress into the points and challenge for them. By the European GP the highest finish was 13th by Sutil in Spain. 

Despite this the team had some highs in the sport. Christijan Albers left the team and Markus Winklehock took over for the European GP. 


During the parade lap the weather got worse and Markus Winkelhock came into the pits for Wet tyres. The change paid off and Markus Winkelhock lead the race. It was then red flagged. Markus lead for 6 laps but retired on the 15 lap due to hydraulics.

Japanese GP 2007

The Japanese GP would be held at Fuji Speedway instead of the usual venue of Suzuka. Adrian Sutil qualified 20th ahead of Country-men Takuma Sato and Sakon Yamamoto. The race was started under the safety car and stayed out for 19 laps.

During the race Sutil marched hos way to 9th and finished 9th place behind Vitantonio Luizzi in the Toro Rosso. However the Italian driver would be penalised post-race for overtaking Sutil under Yellow-flags giving Sutil and Spyker their first points.

Sutil would retire from the next two races. 

The Model.


Product Code:  400070020
Scale:               1:43
Driver:               Adrian Sutil
Year:                 2007


This model is made up of 55 parts with 127 decorations. It has 33 mask sprays 30 Tampo prints 35 decals and 29 free sprays.

My Thoughts

This car is a great addition to my collection. It was one I thought I wouldn't bother getting, I am surprised as it has held its value really well and I had to pay £31.01 for it on eBay. Sutil is quite hard to get hold of as well. Christijan Albers car is easier to pick up, but not cheaper. I am also going to keep my eye out for Markus Winkelhock's limited Spyker. I narrowly missed out on when I got this one. 

The car looks fantastic. It is well detailed and the orange is really vibrant. It stands out in my collection. As mentioned earlier I only need to get Adrian Sutil's Sauber C33 to complete my Sutil collection. I will probably have that one soon.


This car is also quite special because during my search for this car I happened to run into a seller who works for Force India! Which is absolutely crazy and could never have imagined myself. He even read the blog and liked it. It would have been amazing had this been that car but it isn't. (And if you're reading, hope you don't mind the mention)

If you're a Spyker fan or Sutil fan then this car is worth getting. 

Thanks for reading. Please give a share or make a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment