Monday 21 December 2015

[SLOT CAR] Scalextric 2016 Range

Hi Guys,

Today I will be taking a quick look at the new range of Scalextric cars due to be released throughout 2016. I have to admit I have been more interested in my Diecast models and wasn't expecting much from Scalextric in 2016 BUT..... they are releasing some very nice models that have caught my eye.

This post will be looking at the solo cars that are due to be released and the ones I am most interested in.


 We will start with the cars I am interested in.

BMW 125 BTCC

There are three models of BMW 125 to be released. Two are solo cars and one is in a Limited Edition double pack. My favourite out of the three is the eBay Motors car which will be the most expensive as it's the one featured in the Limited edition pack. I do like BMW and now Scalextric has produced my two favourite models by BMW. The Z4 and now the 125. I have a good feeling that the 125 will be a good digital car also.



The product codes for the three BMW's are: C3694A eBay Motors C3784 (Priaulx) C3735
(Tordoff)




BMW Z4


We have more BMW's coming out this year and some from the Grand-Am, now (United sports car cup). The one that is from the Daytona 24hrs is the Turner racing BMW Z4 in the unique blue and Yellow colour scheme. The other BMW Z4 is from the Blancpain world endurance series and is the Team Brazil car. 

The product codes are: C3720 (Turner Racing) C3721 (Team Brazil)







Formula 1 Budget cars

Now these cars are good and bad. They're good because they're cheap, they're bad because they are knock-offs. Scalextric only produce the McLaren Honda and the Mercedes cars. I don't like either of them teams and in my opinion if you're going to by Formula 1 Slot cars you will be better off buy the CHEAPER yet better made ones from Carrera. Carrera also make the Ferrari's as they have an exclusive license to do so. They also make the cars look the same as they do each year whereas Scalextric just stick the different paint schemes on old models. Rant over. Scalextric have decided that they and no one else would like actual models of a Force India or a Sauber. So their solution, like that of the knock-off Williams we got in 2015 is to make cheap nasty versions they vaguely represent the team they're supposed to be. With that said, would I buy one, maybe, afterall it's the closest I will get to an actual Force India slot car. (This is why I get diecast now, because I can get models of cars and drivers I like). But in true Scalextric fashion they have bumped the price up 25% by £4.99 making these solo knock-offs £24.99. That's a bit steep for something that represents something it isn't. 


The 'Sauber' is fair decent by the 'Force India' seems to me, to be a mix of the VJM07 colour scheme and the VJM08. Nice try Scalextric, but not even close. I'd buy one if I saw it cheap on eBay. The pictures are here for you to decide if they're worth the INCREASED price of £24.99

While writing this I found more bad points compared to good points but like I said earlier if it's cheap enough then I would buy one.

The Product codes are: C3669 (Force India) C3704 (Sauber)

Ford Daytona Prototype

Who ever made this decision is a genius, but then again they're not. Scalextric are making the Daytona Prototypes which is awesome but in 2016 we will have one. So nothing to race it against. Another reason this is kind of a stupid idea is because in the UK the Grand-Am or USCC (I think that is what it's now called) doesn't get much coverage here. However Scalextric is big in America and Australia and it seems that this company is leaning towards their tastes. It seems a bit stupid that a British company isn't catering for its main audience. 

I can back this up because America and Australia are regularly in the top 5 of most views on my YouTube channel. 

I also think that because of the new PCR chassis' we will see more DP cars. Slot.it made some great DPs so it seems plausible that they would make the two companies compatible. I like this idea. Will I be buy PCR bits though. No, because I prefer Scalextric parts. 

I am looking forward to this car and look forward to comparing it to the other DPs on the 
market.

The product code is: C3769

Porsche 911 2015

This is a very nice car. I do like the Porsche and it will be nice to get a High detailed model. The last one we recieved was the 997 which was a single-mold body which wasn't great.
This car is going to be much different from its predecessor which is good. Hopefully it will be as quick as the 997 and have better handling. Either was this car is one to watch out for and will look amazing in the legendary Gulf colours. 

The product code is: C3732

Thanks for reading.

You can see the entire range at the official Scalextric website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment